Our client, a technology leader in delivering high-performance, market-driven photonic innovations to meet illumination, optical, optronic, sensing, detection, and imaging needs, has an immediate opening for a Materials Control Coordinator.
- Work closely with area supervision, material buyer/planners, engineering, and operators
- Ensure the efficient movement of materials required to meet production schedules
- Identify and track material shortages and use the material shortage escalation process
- Responsible for inventory accuracy including material organization, material issuing, stocking materials, and cycle counting material
- Responsible for all SAP material transactions within the power supply area, including the
organization and filing of work orders
- Interface with engineering, production, and purchasing personnel to coordinate material
- Kit all power supply jobs based on work order pick lists
- Resolve inventory related issues such as material variances
- Comply with written procedures for all inventory and materials handling activities
- Perform other related duties of a similar complexity as directed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years in a manufacturing environment, preferably with at least 1-2 years of inventory control experience
- Communicate with and engage all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to undergo continuous improvement training
- Must be able to stand and walk for an 8-hour shift
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing as much as 50 lbs
It is mandatory for every employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).