Our client, the leading maker of customized orthopedic implants, has an immediate need for an experienced CNC Machinist. The Machinist Machinist will be responsible for operation of CNC machining centers in a high-volume manufacturing environment. He/she may be asked to support other processes or production lines as demand and production schedules dictate.
- Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across the company.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Production department and works towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Operation and light maintenance of CNC machining centers and associated tooling.
- Hand deburring of metal medical implants after machining.
- Perform in-process inspection of CNC machined parts.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions of workflow in ERP system.
- Maintain CNC machine spare parts and consumable tooling.
- Assist in the investigation and implementation of corrective actions on product and process failures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Interface with vendors to seek solutions for equipment repairs and refurbishment.
- Maintain upkeep of manufacturing areas and provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Review all manufacturing documentation, assembly, inspection, test, packaging procedures and provide feedback.
- Support engineering activities such as process validations and equipment qualifications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical education preferred.
- 1-5 years of experience in a medical device and/or regulated environment.
- Demonstrated English reading and writing skills.
- Familiarity with ISO Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Familiarity with Oracle (or equivalent) ERP systems and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
- Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparator).
- Prior history with metal polishing and other post-machining processes.
- Experience operating and maintaining CNC machining centers.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to load and unload parts during machining operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask. Comfortable with change.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of general machining techniques and practices.