Job Summary: This position is responsible for working on and building modern web applications. This role requires knowledge and practical application of industry best practices for clean code, SOLID principals for object-oriented development, and OWASP security best practices. Keep abreast of latest industry trends, learn and implement new libraries and technologies as needed to support team initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be pragmatic in decision making
- Develop web applications using responsive/mobile-first principals
- Develop REST based APIs.
- Solve moderate to complex problems with minimal guidance and support
- Design and build complex Stored Procedures, views, for Microsoft SQL Server Databases to support web development initiatives
- Develop web applications using .net C# primarily and vb.net, MVC6, .net Core, WebForms, and WebApi.
- Work closely with team mates to design, and document top notch web sites and applications that comply with our company’s mission and vision
- Experience leveraging a wide variety of libraries such as jQuery, Bootstrap, DevExpress, and other 3rd party libraries.
- Active participation in an Agile team utilizing Azure DevOps to manage daily workload, source code, and builds.
- Develop and encourage the development of testable code, develop appropriate types of tests and test strategies as fit for each application and its circumstances
- Perform constructive code reviews
- Put the team first, find ways to solve development challenges that maximize each individual skill and or desires to learn
- Working knowledge of the latest versions of the .net framework and .net core
- Adhere to industry standards and best practices developing secure applications
- Strong desire to learn and stay current with the latest programming and web technologies
- Other duties as assigned
- Take a hands-on role to ensure the deliverables are met on time.
- Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment
- Manage multiple projects, estimate project completions while meeting deadlines
- Encourage and support the development efforts by offering pragmatic advice and solutions to complex problems and challenges
- Understands the “Big Picture” and has an entrepreneur way of thinking
- Comfortable implementing solutions within a team
- Understanding the fundamentals of behind a scalable application
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Up to date with modern development trends
- Familiar with continuous integration
Education or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development or equivalent experience
- Experience with Vue.Js a strong plus
- Detailed knowledge of various browser capabilities and good web design practices
- Good understanding of databases, tools and techniques used for object to relational mapping, experience in performance tuning. Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Azure
- Experience integrating off the shelf solutions
- Some background in ERP, CRM, and LMS systems a plus
- Experience with git for source code management
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in object oriented design and development