Job Summary: This position is responsible for working on and building modern web applications. This role requires knowledge and practical application of industry best practices for clean code, SOLID principals for object-oriented development, and OWASP security best practices. Keep abreast of latest industry trends, learn and implement new libraries and technologies as needed to support team initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
• Be pragmatic in decision making
• Develop web applications using responsive/mobile-first principals
• Develop REST based APIs.
• Solve moderate to complex problems with minimal guidance and support
• Design and build complex Stored Procedures, views, for Microsoft SQL Server Databases to support web development initiatives
• Develop web applications using .net C# primarily and vb.net, MVC6, .net Core, WebForms, and WebApi.
• Work closely with team mates to design, and document top notch web sites and applications that comply with our company’s mission and vision
• Experience leveraging a wide variety of libraries such as jQuery, Bootstrap, DevExpress, and other 3rd party libraries.
• Active participation in an Agile team utilizing Azure DevOps to manage daily workload, source code, and builds.
• Develop and encourage the development of testable code, develop appropriate types of tests and test strategies as fit for each application and its circumstances
• Perform constructive code reviews
• Put the team first, find ways to solve development challenges that maximize each individual skill and or desires to learn
• Working knowledge of the latest versions of the .net framework and .net core
• Adhere to industry standards and best practices developing secure applications
• Strong desire to learn and stay current with the latest programming and web technologies
• Other duties as assigned
• Take a hands-on role to ensure the deliverables are met on time.
• Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment
• Manage multiple projects, estimate project completions while meeting deadlines
• Encourage and support the development efforts by offering pragmatic advice and solutions to complex problems and challenges
• Understands the “Big Picture” and has an entrepreneur way of thinking
• Comfortable implementing solutions within a team
• Understanding the fundamentals of behind a scalable application
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Up to date with modern development trends
• Familiar with continuous integration
Education or Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software development or equivalent experience
• Experience with Vue.Js a strong plus
• Detailed knowledge of various browser capabilities and good web design practices
• Good understanding of databases, tools and techniques used for object to relational mapping, experience in performance tuning. Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Azure
• Experience integrating off the shelf solutions
• Some background in ERP, CRM, and LMS systems a plus
• Experience with git for source code management
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Proficient in object oriented design and development