Our client, a leading edge OEM automotive supplier, is looking for an experienced Validation Engineer (VE). The VE will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines and ensure that the client's technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive market. The VE develop tests for post-silicon validation and assist with new silicon bring-up.
- Leading post-silicon validation efforts for new chips, which includes identifying and defining requirements for test hardware necessary to validate silicon and test new features (PCBs, ICs, evaluation platforms, test equipment, etc.)
- Debugging test setups including issues with test PCBs, software, firmware, and test equipment
- Writing tests to exercise and validate various areas/functionality of a chip (memory, high-speed busses, timers, etc.) for chip bring-up, testing, and debugging
- Developing low-level firmware drivers and firmware tests for post-silicon validation and new silicon bring-up and in support of the Design teams
- Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of chip operation and ensure validation requirements are met
- Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
- Mentoring and assisting in the development of other employees
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of BSEE in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 8-10 years’ experience
- Experience with C/C++ and Python scripting
- Experience with PCB schematic design (Altium preferred)
- Familiarity with microcontroller architectures and with interfaces commonly found on microcontrollers (SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, R/MII)
- Proactive communication with and support for cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.