Our client, a long-established engineering firm and manufacturer of highly secure power supplies and diagnostic solutions for the energy industry, has an immediate need for a Test Technician
- Test/calibrate new production test equipment.
- Calibrate, upgrade, test and repair both customer-owned and leased test equipment.
- ·Record all test data and failure information in the production data base.
- ·Assist customers/client with technical telephone support including remote troubleshoot of systems in the field.
- Provide full in-house repair, test, hardware and software upgrades, and calibration services on test equipment.
- Fulfill customer sales orders as required.
- Make recommendations to improve quality or production test methods and processes.
- Use analog & digital troubleshooting techniques and equipment to troubleshoot to board or sub-assembly level.
- High School Degree or Electronic Technician Certificate
- Experience with electronic test equipment, oscilloscope, DVM, frequency counters, etc.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to proactively communicate status & issues to internal and external customers
- Ability to meet critical deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Must thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Customer Service Technician I or equivalent
- Proven system test level, trouble shooting and repair of power industry test equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience with test, upgrades, trouble shooting and repair of a variety of test equipment a plus
- Knowledge of nuclear industry calibration requirements for test equipment
- Experience with power industry high voltage test equipment a plus