Our client, one of the longest-established companies in the country; a highly regarded leader in rapid prototyping and advanced manufacturing, serving sectors from commercial, FinTech, government and healthcare, has an immediate need for an experienced Supply Chain Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with leadership to develop appropriate supply chain strategies to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate daily activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Monitor and correct inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Analyze supply chain data and resolves any issues and recommends alternative practices.
- Manage and monitor vendor qualification and performance to ensure they meet company requirements.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure product quality, timely delivery, and cost reduction.
- Support proper utilization of ERP system.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Work with Sales and Customer Service to develop current and long-term forecast projections to drive production and inventory planning goals.
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Manage and minimize risks that could affect or interrupt the supply chain.
- Work with leadership to plan and implement supply chain optimization projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain management, or related field or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of supply chain and inventory management systems and practices.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong ERP system experience. • Understanding of forecasting and budgeting.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.