Our client, a manufacturer of advanced power solutions, has an immediate need for a Shipping Coordinator. The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for directing and assigning work to the hourly production personnel to coordinate production activities. Responsibilities include involvement in hiring, workforce limitations and other responsibilities to assist management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know, understand, communicate, and facilitate a safe work culture, ensuring compliance with all company safety/environmental and housekeeping policies.
- Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for shipping and receiving of products.
- Communicate between Production Manager, Customer Service personnel, and other team members of schedule problems, and resolves issues that may affect the planned priorities.
- Inspect shipping/receiving areas to ensure safe work environment
- Monitor employee performance to assure that quality and production standards are met and assists in completion.
- Assure that employees are trained to adequately perform assigned tasks.
- Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
- Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments)
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Job Knowledge
- Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
- Work Environment/Safety
- Complete understanding of Scheduling, Shipping and Receiving protocols.
- Versed in Inventory Management Applications (MRB, ERP et al)
- Knowledgeable in Safe Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledgeable in proper packaging procedures and techniques
- Computer Skills