Our client, an OEM of sensors and electronics for sectors from defense and automotive to medical and manufacturing, is seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist (SPS). The SPS is responsible for the procurement of services, equipment and materials required to support daily operations of the company. The specialist negotiates and procures inventory and non-inventory goods and services at lowest acquisition cost consistent with quality limits of the client.
- Purchase for designated product lines/commodities to meet customer demand, which includes purchasing indirect and direct materials, expediting and production/inventory control for all supply chain requirements.
- Assist Production Planning and Order Management with Lean delivery systems, LTA’s KanBan and point of use supply solutions to support of daily/weekly/monthly order requirements.
- Participate, as a key stakeholder, in development and implementation of world class supply chain management practices.
- Plan material requirements and place all purchase orders via the SAP system to cover all the anticipated material requirements for designated product lines.
- Expedite components and part shortages to meet customer demand.
- Determine root causes for part shortages and implement permanent corrective action.
- Maintain the flow of inventory necessary to support build-to-order production; minimize inventory while maximizing production rates for designated product lines.
- Work with suppliers and materials planning organization to establish and implement “point of use and Kan Ban” purchase agreements that support the reduction of lead times, on time deliveries, the prevention of excess inventories and increased inventory turns.
- Research and develop sources of supply for assigned commodities with a continuous improvement approach to achieve 100% on-time supplier delivery and quality.
- Conduct meetings with current suppliers and potential new suppliers in an effort to actively investigate their internal capabilities in providing goods and services in accordance with our requirements and specifications.
- Compile supplier scorecards each month.
- Communicate to suppliers their performances in measure KPI’s.
- Leverage the use of preferred suppliers consolidate supplier base and spend.
- Drive total cost savings and report track savings ensuring all activities align with customer commitments and corporate strategies.
- Support other supply chain duties as required.
- Eight (8+) years of purchasing/supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment;
- BS/BA degree in a business or technical field;
- APICS/ISM certification desirable;
- Ability to drive cost reduction projects to achieve consistent PPV and overall material spend reductions;
- Proven ability to ensure material availability, while reducing inventory and increasing inventory turns;
- Systematic approach to analyzing and reducing the supply base to achieve maximize EOQ purchasing for cost effectiveness;
- Hands-on experience with SAP;
- Strong negotiation and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team player with strong computer, written, verbal and skills;
- Capability to multitask and manager changing business conditions;
- Ability to travel (domestic and/or offshore) may be required;
- Working experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma environments.