Our client, a biotech pioneer in organ transplant technologies and therapies, is in immediate need of an experienced Senior Buyer.
Help make a difference in the lives of many.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently and accurately procure parts for all of manufacturing per the production forecasts and MRP.
- Identify preferred suppliers for each part and negotiate favorable terms.
- Monitor supplier performance and take proactive steps to ensure highest levels of performance from all suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels to satisfy demand plan.
- Expedite and de-expedite POs as required.
- Expedite parts through Receiving and Incoming Inspection.
- Place purchase orders per approved requisitions for inventory and non inventory purchases supporting all functional areas of the organization.
- Ensure suppliers build and deliver to the latest specifications.
- Maintain item master data in ERP system, including item revision, supplier info, lead times and cost data.
- Ensure material is procured from suppliers on the Approved Supplier List (ASL) for inventory purchases.
- Lead efforts to assess component and material obsolescence and supply chain disruptions for all inventory items; communicate and escalate issues as needed.
- Participate in supplier audits as needed.
- Participate in Material Review Board meetings and coordinate inventory dispositions for non conforming material.