Our client, an innovator in the power and utilities sector, has an immediate need for a Reliability Engineer.
- Develop and implement qualification plans and methods to meet customer requirements for long life failure rates.
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute said qualification plans and methods in accordance with agreed time frames.
- Monitor new product reliability growth/demonstration activities against targets, to ensure sufficient progress toward those targets is being achieved.
- Develop and implement ongoing reliability monitoring methods to meet customer requirements for long life failure rates. Provide trend analysis on critical to reliability parameters.
- Identify opportunities for reliability improvement in current products, and work within the product commercialization process to realize these improvements in successive generations of designs.
- Work with Design on development projects to ensure product reliability is a key consideration in development.
- Working in a team environment, resolve reliability problems that result in excessive in-house or customer failure rates
- Provide guidance to internal groups and interface with customers regarding reliability questions or concerns
- Monitors reliability metrics and goals to drive quality improvement efforts.
- Distribute reports that track product and/or process reliability performance to internal groups and to customers
- Make recommendations for test, burn-in screening, and life test capital equipment acquisition
- Provide acceleration tests results based on physics and best fit reliability models.
- Analyze field performance MTTF, FIT , Survival 2,5,10 yr data based on Weibull and Weibayse models
- Proficient in MILHDK217 and Telcordia Reliability Prediction Calculations
- Working knowledge in many aspects of the physics of failure of PCBs, and/or electronic components
- Thorough understanding of electronic circuits, components, PCBs and manufacturing processes
- Experience with application of state-of-the-art reliability assessment methods and techniques
- Ability to accomplish tasks through influencing others.
- Hands-on experience in FMEA, Design of Experiments
- Detailed knowledge of statistical quality control parameters and characterization of yield changes in anticipated product lifetime and quality reliability outcomes
- Adept at effectively communicating with a wide variety of internal and external customers and/or suppliers
- Functional in some or all of the following PC applications: MS Office, MS Project, MS Vision, MiniTab, JMP, in generating reports, capturing data, and presenting data and information in an understandable format
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and how decisions impact customer satisfaction, product quality, and on-time delivery.