Our client, a manufacturer of sample preparation tools, is seeking an R&D Scientist The position is ideal for a self-motivated individual with a broad scientific background and experience in product management. The role presents an exciting opportunity for a Scientist with life sciences education and experience to make substantial contributions to R&D projects in a rapidly growing leading biotech company.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments to prove feasibility of new ideas and concepts.
- Generate highly reproducible data, data analysis and presentation of results and conclusions.
- Participate in prototype testing and assistance in product development and commercialization efforts.
- Migrate manually performed workflows to semi- and fully automated processes including the client's proprietary instrumentation.
- Understand and follow SOP to support day-to-day activities such as QC tests of instrumentation and reagents.
- Sample prep for the extraction of biomolecules such as nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) and protein, downstream processing and analysis, using client's proprietary technology.
- Analyze nucleic acids, such as quantification using various methods, including absorption, fluorescent quantification, qPCR and digital PCR mediated assessment of quantities and quality, electrophoretic molecular weight analysis, NGS library construction.
- Analyze proteins, including trypsin digests, ELISA assays and fluorescent quantification.
- Microbial and eukaryotic cell culture to develop novel sample prep workflows for manual as well as automated workflows.
- Handle and process clinical specimens, such as whole blood, plasma, FFPE and fresh/frozen tissue, microbial cultures
- PhD or Master Degree with 3+ experience in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related life science.
- Experience in industrial settings and/or basic knowledge of document controlled development processes is a plus.
- Be a self-starter and need minimal daily supervision.
- Be able to work towards given goals and deadlines.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate solid analysis skills including Excel spreadsheet based analysis and documentation, basic statistical knowledge.
- Have experience in basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, electrophoresis, nucleic acid or protein isolation and purification). NGS experience is a plus.
- Be knowledgeable about sterile cell cultures techniques.
- Possess a strong team spirit and willingness to work in an inter disciplinary group of scientists and engineer