Our client, a key supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, industrial, and defense markets, is in need of an experienced Quality Engineer.
- Work directly with test and subtest and production personnel to drive root cause corrective action back to manufacturing operations
- Implement quality planning, control plan, FMEA, inspection methodology, and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering to improve efficiencies through the improvement of inspection test and manufacturing processes, impacting product quality/reliability.
- Develop and manage KPI's, databases and countermeasures as required for continuous improvement.
- Apply Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for internal processes.
- Revise internal procedures as applicable to implement a comprehensive customer and supplier quality management program.
- Conduct internal audits
- Generate continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, Lean manufacturing.
- Execute ISO 9001:2015 standards
- The candidate will ideally come from the power supply industry but other candidates with electronics manufacturing experience will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and successfully in a team environment.
- Familiarity with modern quality principles; including 8D, fish bone, FMEA’s, process mapping.
- IPC standard electronic experience and metal fabrication process.
- Some travel across North America will be required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience open to strong recent graduate candidates with relevant industry experience from internships.