Our client, a manufacturer of advanced power solutions, is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting deadlines and production expectations and directs and assigns work to the hourly production personnel to coordinate production activities. Responsibilities include involvement in hiring, discipline, terminations, and other supervisory responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows, understands, communicates, and facilitates a safe work culture, ensuring compliance with all company safety/environmental and housekeeping policies.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Communicates between Production Manager, Customer Service personnel, and other supervisors of schedule problems, and resolves issues that may affect the planned priorities.
- Inspects work areas to ensure operational performance and utilization.
- Monitors employee performance to assure that quality and production standards are met and assists in completing performance reviews.
- Assures that employees are trained to adequately perform assigned tasks.
- Builds and maintains morale in the hourly Production workforce and maintains a good attitude with fellow workers and management to enhance morale.
- Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
- Quality orientation
- Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
- Results Focused
- Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
- Work Environment/Safety
- People Management
- Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Production: 3 years (Preferred)