Immediate opening for a Planner.
With very littlesupervision, this roles main focus is creating BOMs, work orders, and meeting on time delivery. Coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. The Planner/Scheduler will be
responsible for all production planning activities and for the demand management process, ensuring customer satisfaction and optimizing our inventories.
● Ensure material availability to the production line by shortage tracking, expediting, and rescheduling as required.
● Create and maintain production orders in support of the production schedule that accurately allocates the required materials.
● Analyse and prepare documents needed for production.
● Interacts with production team on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from manufacturing,
Sales and Accounting.
● Identifying planned drop items and/or groups, and recommending best time frames for drops.
● Use of multiple methods and tools to evaluate past sales history, future customer demand, customer placements and seasonality trends.
● Create, analyze, update, and monitor the forecast for accuracy using a statistical forecast system and communicating changes to departments.
● Evaluating and monitoring future orders versus forecast, and making forecast changes.
● Analyze, define and maintain production line inventory sticking parameters.
● Maintain performance metrics; Report on root causes and corrective actions when
schedule adherence drops below desired goals.
● Monitor and manage excess and obsolete inventory; cycle count program.
● Participate or lead in continuous improvement activities as required.
● Complete special projects as required.
Criteria for Success:
● High school diploma and minimum of 5-7 years manufacturing experience.
● 2 years minimum production planner related experience.
● Ability to work independently.
● Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
● Experience using an ERP/MRP system.
● Knowledge of G-Suite a plus.