Our client, an established and highly regarded lighting systems designer and manufacturer, has an immediate need for an Operations Manager (OM).
The OM is responsible for planning, managing and directing all activities within the manufacturing facility. This individual will exercise considerable judgment to identify and execute strategic continuous improvement plans and tactical project implementation.
- Direct and manage all manufacturing activities within the facility
- Manage the functions associated with scheduling, purchasing, inventory control and management, manufacturing, logistics, and maintenance
- Implement lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies to ensure customer amazement and profit maximization
- Develop production forecasts and accurately adjust plant capacity according to these forecasts
- Ensure the most efficient use of resources
- Provide both strategic and tactical leadership regarding continuous improvement project selection, scope, definition, and performance, to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Develop best practices with regards to knowledge sharing, internal and external benchmarking, and talent development
- Define and deploy appropriate metrics to measure both productivity and process quality
- Coordinate and collaborate with Marketing, IT and Finance
- Recruit, train and retain staff and key leadership
- Minimum of 10 years production management experience running a raw material and final assembly manufacturing facility.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with track record of driving down cost while assuring product quality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Lean Manufacturing certification preferred.
- Six Sigma green belt or higher preferred
- Must be proficient in Office programs
- Experience in Manufacturing ERP or MRP required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS technical field or equivalent
- Master's degree in business or technical field preferred