Our client, an established and large regional landscaping service, is seeking an experienced Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the local business including estimating, sales, production, safety, customer service and employee development.
Success in this position is indicated by high retention rates for both employees and customers along with profitability that meets or exceeds annual budgets.
The ideal candidate is people oriented with a proven record of leadership in a position with profit and loss responsibility. Work takes place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting as well as on the road throughout our service areas. Very fast paced and working under pressure is unavoidable due to the nature of the industry and time frames of the busy season. This position reports to the President / Vice President.
- Manage and work closely with multiple account managers and develop positive working relationships building a team
- Create and maintain rolling budget
- Teach organizational skills and time management skills
- Motivate and set an example for teamwork and building strong work relationships with labor force
- Manage time effectively and productively
- Anticipate problems and plan accordingly
- Problem solve as problems arise
- Offer solutions to problems as they arise
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Keep Vice President and President informed of pertinent information
- Follow up with any pertinent information regarding client or policies with leadership team
- Hold organized and effective meetings
- Create and manage yearly budget by setting goals and holding managers accountable
- Ensure that company records are entered correctly and in a timely manner, AP & AR
- Reconcile, run P&L reports monthly
- Willing to learn and understand service software. Service Auto Pilot.
- Develop staff to ensure procedures are being done correctly
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic and able to work well with others.
- Demonstrated skill and ability managing and developing numerous employees at various levels.
- Excellent negotiation and written/oral communication skills in English.
- At least 5 years experience at a leadership level, with profit and loss responsibility in a landscaping services industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft products. Knowledge of CRM’s, and other industry specific software. Experience with Service Auto Pilot a plus.
- Ability to run efficient and effective meetings over the phone or in-person.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape or business related area preferred.
- Proven track record of hitting sales goals and increasing annual sales from year to year.
- Proven experience successfully leading an operation with annual sales between 2-4 million.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications including, Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint
- Must have a drivers license