Our client, a well-established MEP Consulting Design firm providing MEP/FP engineering designs for architects and builders, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer (ME). The ideal candidate will provide mechanical consulting design and work with the client's mechanical engineering team.
- Production and coordination of designing mechanical and plumbing systems for a variety of projects to include new construction, tenant improvements, or renovations for retail establishments, custom homes, multi-family dwellings, hospitality facilities,
municipal facilities, medical offices, surgical centers and hospitals, and mixed-use facilities.
- Produce a full set of mechanical drawings based on the client’s design criteria to include Chilled Water/Direct Expansion Conditioning Systems, Energy Conservation Design, Computer/Data Services Facility Design, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Complete Sanitary, Storm Water, and Potable Water System Design, Compressed Air and Vacuum Systems, Natural and LP Gas Systems, Complete NFPA-13 and NFPA-13R Fire Protection Design, Computerized Hydraulic calculations, and Wet & Dry Fire Protection Systems. Other responsibilities include:
- Respond to reviewer comments, reviewing submittals, and RFI’s.
- Perform site visits to examine/verify existing conditions.
- Conduct mechanical inspections and analyses.
- Perform close-out inspections when necessary.
- Effectively work in partnership with other team members on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution of higher learning. (Possessing a Florida Professional Engineer license or an EIT is a definite plus,but not required.)
- 8+ years' experience as a mechanical engineer
- Working knowledge of Florida Building Codes and local codes.
- Proficient in using Revit and AutoCAD, as well as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Exceptional communication skills when communicating with project clients, partners, contractors, and sub-contractors is expected.