Our client, a long-established supplier of standard and custom optical components and subassemblies, needs a Manufacturing Manager. This is a mission critical position.
The candidate is a subject matter expert in thin film coating or optical component production processes and quality as well as production management techniques, Preferred candidates understand best practices in process discipline systems and are comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Manufacturing Managers bring order through consistent application of world class manufacturing and lean manufacturing methodolog. The best candidate earn the respect of the workforce via steadfast adherence to principles and innovative problem-solving. SMEs are capable of driving process improvements to improve yields and driving complexity reduction efforts.
-Bachelor’s degree in Optics/Industrial Engineering and at least five years prior supervisory experience in a high tech production environment or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge
· Leadership Supervisory
· Hiring Performance Management
· Performance Reviews
· Optical and/or Industrial engineering
· WCM methodology and implementation
· Lean Manufacturing process design and implementation
· Quality processes and auditing
· Optical or thin film coating processes, techniques and equipment
· Communication and presentation
· Process discipline/improvement
-Calm Persuasive Steadfast Hands on Persistent Consistent
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages all manufacturing operations in a manner to assure optimum manufacturing efficiency and customer satisfaction
· Champion of ERP Yield Improvement metrics
· Upholds Quality system
· Upholds Safety of people and machines
· Reports to COO
· Sits on Senior Management Team
· Sits on Annual Planning Team