Our client, a provider of tools and technology for advanced drug discovery research, has an immediate opening for a Junior Buyer.
- Place order in a timely fashion after reviewing purchase requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
- Follow up on all purchase orders until order completion.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate Purchase Order data based upon supplier delivery confirmations.
- Review and respond to emails from requesters, vendors, and warehouses pertaining to purchase orders, inventory management, and impaired inventory issues.
- Control, issue, and purchase material for disposables consumables.
- Work with managers and personnel to ensure that critical stock items and supplies are maintained within acceptable stocking levels.
- Work closely with production control and manufacturing operations to resolve shortages.
- Responsible for coordinating with Receiving to resolve issues with supplier deliveries.
- Responsible for coordinating with A/P to resolve issues with supplier invoices.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college level education desired
- 3 - 5 years of inventory control experience, with success in ensuring inventory accuracy within a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong understanding of the function of Inventory Management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with strong attention to details
- Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while providing superior service to all department and team members
- Basic computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Must be able to work with multiple databases/windows at the same time.
- Familiar with MRP systems. GP or SAP knowledge is a plus
- Read, write, and communicate in English