Our client, the leading maker of customized orthopedic implants, has an immediate need for an Inspector. The role is responsible for quality inspection /quality assurance activities. This includes interpretation and implementation of quality standards to routine inspection/testing and manufacturing activities.
- Develop and maintain strong internal working relationships across the company.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Quality Control department and work towards those goals.
- Read and interpret prints.
- Inspect incoming, in-process, finished parts, and materials for conformance to quality control standards.
- Use hand measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Work with optical comparators.
- Apply new inspection tools and methodology.
- Review operations portion of DHR (as final CT DHR review) and inspection input into the DHR.
- Identify and detect critical areas of product and determine what is acceptable. This includes determination to rework or reject the defective part.
- Run the cleaning / passivation process for the product as well as packaging for shipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- HS Diploma, Associates degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience performing inspection within a FDA or other regulated environment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- GD&T certification a plus.
- Knowledge of tool calibration and tracking of tools.