Our client, a key supplier of critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, industrial, and defense markets, is in need of an experienced Hardware/Firmware Engineer.
Ideal candidates are efficient, flexible, meticulous and self-motivated. As a member of the firmware team, the engineer will be involved in all areas of firmware development including prototyping of new concepts, development of features, unit testing, issue investigations, code maintenance, peer code review, and documentation. The engineer will be responsible for managing the design integration and launch of critical XP Power RF products. We strive to make the most of every regulatory requirement to achieve a superior quality design.
- Participate in product definition, specification and requirements analysis working with cross functional stakeholders
- Collaboration on firmware architecture and development strategy
- Design, code, integrate, test, support and enhance software solutions for embedded controls for RF systems, switching power supplies, sensors.
- Understand OO code development
- Clearly communicate design constraints and trade-offs to other team members and management, playing an advisory role as a subject matter expert to ensure that optimal design decisions are made
- Perform system integration and validation testing activities, including verification of interoperability within overall solution
- Assist with evaluating existing and emerging technologies to identify solutions that will reliably operate in a wide range of installed environments
- Architecting, developing, integrating and delivering embedded and PC software in a regulated product development process.
- Participating in all project lifecycle phases – from design and code development through unit testing, documentation, and release.
- Working with a broad team to translate customer requirements into the best possible solution within resource, time, and technical constraints.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- At least 2 years of related work experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable in C & C++ and OO
- Experience interacting with software debugging in an embedded environment
- Comfortable using lab equipment (e.g. Network Analyzers oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, etc.)
- Understanding hardware schematics and data sheets
- Prefer familiarity with software development life cycle in a regulated environment
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git), and release methodologies
- Familiarity with MISRA or other coding standards is a plus
- Disciplined and detail-oriented; experience delivering robust, readable code
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with communication protocols a plus (I2C, SPI, RS-485, Ethernet, EtherCAT etc.)
- Experience working in a fast paced, growing organization with the ability to balance multiple priorities and objectives simultaneously