Our client, a maker of machine vision systems, is seeking Global Supply Chain Director (GSCD). The successful candidate will develop the overall supply chain and purchasing strategy and lead the end-to-end implementation planning.
- Supply Chain Leadership
- Develop multi-year roadmap to establish supply chain strategy, targets, and capabilities.
- Develop integrated strategies across functions, policies, and procedures to create an optimal supply chain function.
- Focus on high value priority initiatives that alter our cost structure and competitive standing.
- Operations & Strategy
- Direct and collaborate with demand and supply teams to forecast demand to create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Design and implement supply chain processes that support business strategies and are flexible to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Drive decision making, prioritization, and issue escalation to ensure timely mitigation and resolution.
- Determine optimal supply chain footprint capacity and capability, location analysis, make-versus buy, capital requirements and cost benefits, and timelines.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Lead optimization projects across the organization globally to achieve cost savings and cash flow improvements that deliver on customer needs and enable growth.
- Lead reduction of overall supply chain risk through team development of supply chain contingencies and proactive resolution for supply / demand imbalances and disruption.
- Use segmentation, supported by activity-based cost-to-serve analytics, to align supply chain offerings with customer needs to increase both margin and customer service levels
- Reporting and Analysis
- Establish supply chain targets and ensure delivery against established metrics for measurement of supply chain factors such as cost, on-time delivery, and quality of products and services.
- Measure progress through metrics; Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success; Meet with key global suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or another related field; Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Supply Chain/Operations roles with a minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience
- Extensive experience and proven performance in Global Supply Chain and/or materials management.
- 20% travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- APICS/ISM certification a plus
- Competencies You Need to be Successful
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership and team building skills
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Technical background and understanding
- Strategic sourcing and commodity strategy concepts