Our client, a medical instrument manufacturing company, has an immediate opening for a Finishing Technician.
- Understand the objectives, responsibilities, and mission of the Operations Department and work towards those goals.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; adapt for changing conditions.
- Perform hand de-burring, blasting, tumbling, and finishing of metal medical implants after
- Perform in-process inspection of CNC machined parts.
- Package, label, and prepare product for shipment.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions of workflow in ERP system.
- Maintain inventories of raw materials and consumables required for manufacturing.
- Assist in the investigation and implementation of corrective actions on product and process
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety regulations, personal
protective equipment requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and
Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Interface with vendors to seek solutions for equipment repairs and refurbishment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical education preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a medical device and/or regulated environment preferred
- Demonstrated English reading and writing skills; verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Familiarity with Oracle (or equivalent) ERP systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, comparator)
- Experience with metal finishing and other post-machining processes
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus