Our client, a leader in leader in digital imaging radar technology for a variety of mobile/mobility applications, has an immediate need for an EMC Safety Compliance Engineer. The candidate will you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that the technology exceeds the rigorous demands of mobile and mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies.
- Ensure the ability of sensor modules to pass electromagnetic compliance (ex. EMC/EMI, ESD, FCC, ETSI/RED) for automotive applications as well as other customer-defined applications.
- Assure the ability of sensor modules to pass mechanical compliance (ex. IPC67, shock/vibe) for automotive as well as customer-defined applications.
- Interface with internal groups to ensure all aspects of compliance testing is planned and achieved.
- Collaborate with external test labs for both preliminary and final compliance testing.
- Create documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
- A minimum of BSEE or related degree
- 4+ years of experience with regulatory compliance
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic compliance testing and debugging is a must
- Experience testing intentional radiators
- Experience testing mm-wave devices is a plus
- Experience in submissions to FCC, ISED, CE and other regulatory bodies
- Experience with automotive EMC testing is a plus
- Knowledge of and exposure to mechanical compliance testing
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.