Our client, a key supplier of critical critical power conversion technology to the medical, technology, industrial, and defense markets, has an immediate need for several Electronics Test Technicians.
As a member of the test team, techs will perform RF testing operations on power amplifiers, RF generators, DC power supplies, RF matching equipment and other components. RF testing requires analysis and debug skills and experience in this area is preferred. Techs will ensure the products meet spec and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test, diagnose, rework, and verify RF sub-component and final electronic products of moderate to high complexity as prescribed by drawings, electrical schematics, and/or procedures
- Strong ability to Test and diagnose units with minimal direction.
- Ability to utilize ECO information, PDM systems, and collaborate with test engineering on advanced trouble shooting.
- Record failure data and test issues in data bases as required. Work with quality engineers to
- document product repair changes. Evaluate results and recommend corrective action when
- Recommend design, update, and efficiency improvements to test stands. Support the
- construction of test systems to simulate use for lab performance and durability testing.
- Prepare detailed reports and test procedures documenting the results, methods and equipment
- used in product evaluation.
- Strong communication skills with peers, across shifts, and with support organizations.
- Engage in process improvement teams and activities.
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 3-5 years’ experience as a test technician.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Electronics test, troubleshooting, and repair experience
- Experience testing and diagnosing electronic products, power supplies and related products.
- Ability to work from electrical schematics, change notices, and use standard electronic
- Military electronics experience is valued.
- Ability to make common mechanical connections associated with power supply testing
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English.
- Intermediate level skill with excel for data collection and analysis.
- Familiarity with PDM (Product Data Management) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Desired Personal Capacities
- Can learn and apply new information or skills at an accelerated pace.
- Is a lifelong and continuous learner.
- Driven toward process improvement every day and everywhere.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and
- Demonstrates ownership, accountability, and follow through.