Our client, a highly regarded civil engineering firm, is seeking an experienced large industrial facilities Electrical Engineer (EE).
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial and domestic purposes.
- Prepare and/or direct CAD department to produce thorough engineering documentation to record these designs.
- Contribute to the material procurement process by preparing specifications and reviewing vendors’ quotations for technical accuracy
- Determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Prepare test programs by designing experiments, conducts or directs these experiments, gathers and evaluates test data and write test reports
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new industrial uses
- Direct and participates in activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Solicit vendor pricing and develop cost estimates for electrical equipment and installation labor a part of team effort to prepare project proposal.
- Use prepared engineering documents as part of complete bid package to allow contractors to bid accurately. Analyze returning bids for completeness and pricing. Select and approve contractors
- Attendance to FAT required.
- Periodic field travel to oversee electrical contractor’s progress also required
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Bachelor's degree (BSEE) from four-year college or university
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience
- Familiarity with hazardous areas electrical classifications a must.
- Comfortable and familiar with low voltages (up to 480V) and medium voltage (up to 4,160V) installations
- Knowledge and familiarity with process controls, Variable Speed Drives (VFD) and Soft Starts (SS) a must
- Use of power modeling software (ETAP preferred) to conduct power system analyses (motor starting transient, load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination and arc flash)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD desirable
- Thorough knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and NFPA 70E (Electrical Safety). Other NFPA codes familiarity a plus especially NFPA 59A Standard for the Production, Storage, and Handling of Liquefied Natural Gas
- Field Construction experience required
- P.E. preferred
- Familiarity with RS Means a plus