Our client, a long-established MEP consulting design firm, is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer (EE). The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as an electrical consulting design.
- Production and coordination of designing electrical systems for a variety of projects - from new construction, tenant improvements, renovations for retail establishments, custom homes, multi-family dwellings, hospitality facilities, municipal facilities, medical offices, surgical centers and hospitals to mixed-use facilities.
- Produce a full set of electrical drawings based on the client’s design criteria to include Lighting, Power, and Systems Design, Emergency Power Distribution, Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Life Safety Code Analysis and Design, Communication Systems, and Fault Current Study/Analysis, and Photometrics.
- Respond to reviewer comments, reviewing submittals, and RFI’s.
- Perform site visits to examine/verify existing conditions.
- Conduct electrical inspections and analyses.
- Carry out close-out inspections when necessary.
- Effectively work in partnership with other team members on multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional communication skills when communicating with project
clients, partners, contractors, and sub-contractors is expected.
- 8+ years experience with electrical consulting design
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited institution of higher learning. (Possessing a Florida Professional Engineer license or an EIT is a definite plus, but not required.)
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Codes (NEC), Florida Building Codes (FBC), and local codes.
- Proficient in using Revit and AutoCAD, as well as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Exceptional communication skills