Our client, an innovator in minimally invasive implant technology and joint solutions, has an immediate need for a Buyer/Planner.
- Provide procurement plans to meet forecasting and inventory requirements. Utilize sales forecast/data to schedule inventory materials from suppliers to meet forecasting and inventory requirements; expedite/defer deliveries, as necessary, to support operational objectives
- Determine appropriate supply, inventory and budgeting of raw materials; develop plans to improve performance and COGS; Optimize inventory levels to minimize costs by managing inventory carrying costs, bulk purchase discounts, production planning, and lead times.
- Obtain competitive quotations and select suppliers based on quality, cost, lead-time, service and financial stability.
- Identify potential new sources of supply and initiate supplier qualification activities.
- Respond to production issues and adjust purchasing schedule as required; communicate any major variations to affected parties
- Act as the primary interface for internal customers on day-to-day supply chain issues, concerns and questions
- Identify and manage slow moving or obsolete inventory.
- Establish metrics to monitor supplier performance.
- Manage activities pertaining to cycle count program and compile all related metrics
- Identify and report key performance indicators to measure supplier performance;
- Achieve company goals and objectives for financial and service level metrics