Our client, a world leader in advanced human therapeutics research and and manufacturing has an immediate need for an experienced Automation Engineer.
- Work closely with multiple subject areas, including manufacturing, process engineering, process development, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to implement automation solutions for manufacturing and site utilities.
- Supply technical support to commercial and clinical manufacturing as needed, specific to process control and automation infrastructure.
- Furnish technical support to troubleshoot and resolve equipment, automation or process issues in the field.
- Ensure efficient performance and reliability for process and utility automation systems
- Develop, coordinate, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of medium to large scope and complexity.
- Create technical solutions and optimizations by crafting original code for multiple different applications and platforms.
- Communicate with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Supply on-call support coverage nights and weekends, on a rotating basis.
- Master’s degree in Engineering Or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2 years of Process Automation experience
- Associate degree and 6 years of Process Automation experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Process Automation experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Distributed Control Systems, Emerson DeltaV experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with designing and coding in DeltaV and PLC based applications.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing support environment, as a system integrator or a process engineer.
- Experience with Process Automation and ISA S88 Standard
- Experience with Process Design, and Commissioning
- Experience with validation and change control methodology
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including detailed understanding of cGMPs.
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to work with minimum direction.
- Experience working with Rockwell Automation PLCs and HMIs, Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk SE or ME, and OSI PI historian is a plus.