Our client has an immediate opening for an Applications Support Specialist. This role is an ideal position for a researcher with demonstrated communication skills and looking to use laboratory expertise outside the lab.
- Provide an excellent level of support to researchers using company products, instruments,
consumables, and reagent kits.
- Respond to, record, and answer customer pre-sales, post-sales, and complaint-related questions using Salesforce. Monitor application support phone and Salesforce queue. Take calls as needed.
- Coordinate with all company departments (R&D, Sales, Marketing, Quality, and Field Service) as needed to execute responsibilities.
- Update or write a variety of user guides, manuals, and other technical documentation.
- Create/maintain department SOP records.
- Work with subject-matter experts and team to ensure that written documents communicate
information in a clear and appropriate manner.
- Work with Marketing for formatting of final documents.
- Work with Quality and the online documentation management system for document updates.
- Provide a high degree of quality assurance by reading documents objectively and closely for
structure, coherence, logic, tone, and style and ensuring final documents meet company
- 4 Year B.Sc. degree in life or physical sciences
- Experience with molecular biology, Next Generation Sequencing, and nucleic acid extraction. Experience with protein is considered a plus.
- Interest and ability to work with customers via phone and email
- Excellent and demonstrated writing skills
- 2+ years’ experience in laboratory environment
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Detail oriented