Immediate opening for a Junior Planner.
The main focus of this role is meeting on-time delivery through creating and implementing an effective material plan. This role coordinates and expedites the flow of work orders and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules.
The Junior Planner will be responsible for all production planning activities and for the demand management process, ensuring customer
satisfaction and optimizing our inventories.
● Ensure material availability to the production line by shortage tracking, expediting, and rescheduling as required
● Create and maintain production orders in support of the production schedule that accurately allocates the required materials
● Analyze and prepare documents needed for production
● Interact with the production team supervisors on a daily basis to assist in the coordination of work and resolve issues
● Use of multiple methods and tools to evaluate past sales history, future customer demand, and seasonality trends
● Create, monitor and update production status and communicate to customer service accordingly
● Evaluate and monitor future orders versus forecast, making necessary forecast changes
● Analyze and maintain inventory stocking levels the key customer programs
● Maintain performance metrics; report on root causes and corrective actions when schedule adherence drops below desired goals
● Participate or lead in continuous improvement activities as required
● Complete special projects as required
Criteria for Success:
● 2-5 years production experience
● Degree and/or equivalent
● Good communication skills (verbal and written)
● Strong problem solving and multitasking skills
● Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
● Excellent time management skills
● Experience using an ERP/MRP system
● Knowledge of G-Suite a plus